We had a fundraiser today. A lady from a jewelry company offered to give us 80% of the profits. This is a great deal. So for months I planned and planned this party. A jewelry party where people come and buy pretty jewelry and I would also talk about adoption so people could know more about it. I had free food. It was my goal to get 100 people there. I know that sounds like a lot but we have an extremely large family. My family alone (aunts, uncles, and cousins) is around 80 people. I have over 200 Facebook friends. Now i knew that not everyone would come and i knew that not most of them would come. But I did think my family would come, furthermore I asked everyone I invited to please bring a friend, so really 100 people didn't seem that high to me.
13 people showed up 13. Now I am extremely grateful to those 13 and between them we raised $182.00 for the adoption fund. But I'm just annoyed with everyone else who didn't come. It makes me so sad. Why can I get 46 people to come to my five year olds birthday party but I can only get 13 to come help give a baby a great home. Here is the nasty truth: FUNDRAISING SUCKS. I know people don't like giving there hard earned money away, I certainly don't, but you know what is equally un-fun? Asking for money and asking for help. Nobody likes it, I really don't like it. I wish I had a million dollars, or hey even $23,000 so I didn't have to go asking everyone I know for there help but I don't have that much, I don't have anywhere close to that much. So I'm left with the arduous task of fundraising which is so draining I can't believe it. I have a friend whose daughter has Cystic Fibrosis and it seems like all she ever does is fund raise to try and save her child's life. She is fast becoming my hero cause I don't know how she can stand all this fundraising stuff (much less all the other trials of having a daughter with Cystic Fibrosis).
If you are a friend or family member of ours (or just reading our blog) I am begging you to please support us. You do not need money, there are other ways to help, there is a whole blog on here entitled "What I can do to help" It is really heartbreaking to plan a party for 100 people and have 13 show up. It is really great to have a fundraiser and have a familiar face come say "hi, hows it going" that lifts our spirits. I'm sorry if this blog is kinda a downer but I said at the top we were gonna share our trials and joy and raising money is defiantly a trial.
No comments:
Post a Comment