As we embark on the grand adventure of adoption, we would like to share our thoughts, insights, struggles, and joy.

Monday, June 25, 2012

Blessings Abound

        We had another fundraiser this weekend and blessings abounded. We made $1,400 toward our adoption fund and had a great weekend meeting new people from our neighborhood. We had many people come and tell us about how they adopted there children and it was just really inspiring to see all the happy families and all the supportive people. It just really made me feel encouraged about what we are doing instead of discouraged. The sun was mostly out (a great accomplishment for Oregon) and it only poured for a couple hours. We had lots of help from family and friends and it was over all a great weekend. We also got a personal donation of $500 for the adoption which was quite a shock for us. We will be having another garage sale next weekend to try and get rid of all the left over stuff. Please come out and say hi.
         At church last Sunday we learned that there was another $500 dollars donated by church members bringing the total money our church has raised for us up to $1,500. Furthermore they have set up a day at the end of July where we will talk about adoption in church and then have an ice cream social and a free will offering. That is very exciting, I haven't talked in front of a church since I was in high school and I am excited to tell everyone about adoption. Of course all are welcome to come.  
            Through late orders from our jewelry show we raised a total of $320 dollars, we also have about $700 of our own money we have been saving. So I'm not gonna add up the totals but I will be making a big payment to the adoption agency next week and then I will change the amount we need to the right on this page.
           I just can't express how happy it makes my heart to see all the love and support from family and friends so thank you so much and keep the love coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment