As we embark on the grand adventure of adoption, we would like to share our thoughts, insights, struggles, and joy.

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

some news, no news

        Everyone has been asking me "have you heard anything about the adoption?"  The short answer and the one I think everyone means is NO. In that no we have not been placed with a birth mother yet. Or no a birth mother has not chosen us as adoptive parents yet. It has been almost nine months since we got put on the list for birth mothers to choose from. I asked our case worker if there was any sort of an update for us and she said no. She gave us some tips such as be open to visits and a relationship with the birth parents which we are. Also to make sure everyone we possibly know knows that we are wanting to adopt cause there may be somebody who knows somebody who knows somebody that feels they can not raise their child and wants them to be adopted. I think we have done this but hey if anyone reading this wants to help get the word out please feel free.
          I have been told and I know its true, that God does everything in His timing not ours and that He knows exactly what baby is right for us and we have to be patient. I know all this, but it is so hard. I feel like India (our five year old daughter) is getting older by the second and I'm worried about what kind of relationship they will have being so far apart in age.
           As always money to fund the adoption is on my mind and here I do have news. Thanks to our fantastic church who just paid the adoption agency $3,565.23 we only have $296.77 dollars to go before we can move on to the next payment area which is the placement fee of $13,350 which is due at the time of placing the baby in our home. I know this sounds like a lot still but we have come so far. and in the grand scheme of things its not that much. We have still not heard if we've been awarded any of the grants we applied for but I have heard from several that they have received all our information and will let us know soon. I personally talked to the lady from Life Song who will hopefully be giving us a loan of around $12,000 until we can get our adoption tax credit to pay them back. Anyway she sounded very hopeful for us and we should know from them in about two weeks. If that comes through and a few of the other grants we applied for we should be just fine. Furthermore we have one more big fundraiser we are doing. Our cousin who is a senior in high school has made our adoption her senior project and will be raising money among the high school students. She is so great I am so thankful for her and her giving heart.
           Thank you God for finding a way when I thought it was nearly impossible to come up with 28,000. Thank you God for giving us a heart to adopt a child that so needs a loving home and thank you God for bringing this child into our lives.


No comments:

Post a Comment