Last week I mailed off six scholorship applications and one adoption loan application. It was a grueling process but I feel great that its done and sent in. It takes several months to hear back from them all so we would appreciate prayers that the scholarship committees like our applications and grant us some money to help pay for the cost of our adoption. I feel confident that if we get some of these and then the loan we will have all the money to cover the adoption. That is a great feeeling.
I may have said this before but I don't remember so I'll say it again. I know everybody says that adoption isnt about the money and at its heart it isn't. It is of course about a child finding a home where it will be loved forever. However I feel very strongly that money was a big hindrance to us and that if we could have just written a check for $28,000 at the begining then we would have had a baby by now. This is sad to me. Ok done ranting.
Hooray scholarship applications are in the mail. Pray we get them and always if you now of any I may have missed (I will apply for more as I find them) or have any great fundraising ideas we would love to hear them.
No comments:
Post a Comment