As we embark on the grand adventure of adoption, we would like to share our thoughts, insights, struggles, and joy.

Thursday, September 19, 2013

A hand to the human race


 WE DID IT. WE RAISED EVERY SINGLE CENT WE NEED FOR OUR ADOPTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe it! People have been so extremely generous it boggles my mind.  Friends, family, friends of friends, and even total strangers have all helped us to reach this goal. Here is a little bit of how we got there.

In less then two years we have had 6 GIANT garage sales, recieved three grants, put together a 750 piece puzzle, had a jewerly party, had a very cool high schooler have a very cool raffle for us, had lots of personal donations, had donations from total strangers. scrimped and saved our extra money, had members of our church give above and beyond (like always).   And I'm sure a bunch of stuff I forgot.

At times it was a real stuggle and i felt like we were never gonna be able to come up with this extreme amount of money neeeded to bring our baby home, but it seeemed like always at those times something would come along to make my heart lift, so here are a couple highlights from our fundraising adventures.

We had a cousin of mine who was a senior in high school and just up and decided one day to make our adoption her senior project. She spent a good portion of her senior year selling raffle tickets for prizes with all the money going to our adoption. what a sweetheart.

Our church held an ice cream social in our honor. We spoke about adoption that day in church and it was great to share our story with our church family. They also set up a church fund in our name and everyone has been so generous. Furthermore it has just been wonderful to share this experience with them. they ask us every week how its going and are so supportive. They are so loving.

We had many family and friends give very generous donations. Thank you

I work about twice a month in a little christian book store and when  work I put prayer cards for our adoption on the counter so if people are interested they can take one and pray for us. This has been a wonderful experience just sharing adoption with so many people. I have had so many great conversations that have just lifted my heart.

I try to talk about the adoption a lot because I figure you never know who is listening and I want to spread the word that we are adopting. I have found this to be a fantastic experience 98% of the time. people are so supportive and so caring. it is incredible.

During our last garage sale I was so sick and tired of garage sales I could hardly bear to have another one, but I did it because we had to. At this time a man came and was shopping at our garage sale, he bought a few dollars worth of stuff and then as he was leaving he put some money in our donation jar. It was $440. from a total stranger, someone I have never seen before or since.

One of the things I found most interesting is the amount of people that have come out of the wood work to help us in this adoption and fundraising endeavor. so many people that i have not talked to in YEARS. There is one gril that I have not talked to in at least 13, I call her my biggest fan. She has helped in every single fundraising event we have had, she has had friends of hers that I have never meet help in our adoption. She is just one example I have had so many friends that we literally have not talked to since high school help us out. It has been great because I got to renew old friendships and that has been a fantastic experience.

Lastly I want to thank our family (and friends that are close enough to call family) for all your time, energy, support, hopeing with us and complaining with us. Thank you.

TO EVERY SINGLE PERSON WHO HELPED IN ANY WAY AT ALL THANK YOU SO MUCH. THIS WOULD NOT HAVE HAPPENED ON OUR OWN, WE COULD NOT HAVE DONE IT WITHOUT YOU.

AND NOW...... PLEASE PRAY THAT A BIRTH MOTHER FINDS US SOON. HAVING AN ADOPTION PAID FOR MEANS NOTHING IF YOU DON'T HAVE A BABY TO BRING HOME.

No comments:

Post a Comment